Recycling Program - Materials Accepted
Important Recycling Information
- SWA Convenience Center Items (PDF)
- Manufacturers are stepping up efforts to comply with the new e-waste law and offer new recycling opportunities for customers.
- Plastic Film/Bag Recycling Resource Website
- All recyclable materials must be placed inside the recycle cart unbagged.
- Recyclable carts will be serviced every Friday using our automated arm trucks.
- Please put the cart curbside with the arrows facing toward the street.
- A list of recyclable materials is imprinted on the lid of the cart.
- We cannot recycle Styrofoam.
- There is no fee for either the cart or the pickup of recyclables.
- Every item we recycle results in savings not only to our Town but to the environment as well.
- If the Town has not already delivered one to you, you can request a recycle cart by emailing Public Works or calling 843-913-6360. Be sure to include your name and property address.
- Did you know that Best Buy accepts almost any electric or electronic item free for recycling? They impose a $25 fee for certain tube TVs and monitors, but everything else is free. Just drop it off at the store. Games, CDs, cell phones, laptops, and a lot more. Check out their recycling webpage.
- Our electronic waste vendor, ERI, has issued their Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) and Data Security Report for 2020 (PDF).