Trash Service / Collection Schedule
- Wednesday through North End: 17th Avenue North to 3rd Avenue South West of Dogwood/ Pinewood only
- Tuesday through South End: 4th Avenue South to Melody Lane West of Dogwood/Lake Court only
- Saturday through Boulevard Route: All of Ocean Boulevard, Lake Court, Pinewood, Dogwood, Yaupon, Seaside Drive and all cross streets in between
Carts must be curbside by 6 am and removed by 11 pm. Carts may be put out the night before.
Important Sanitation Dates
2022 Sanitation Holiday Schedule (PDF). Thanksgiving day and Christmas day are the only two holidays sanitation does not work.
- April 11, 2016: Schedule Changes take effect to Curbside Refuse and Recycling Programs. See Letter and Map (PDF).
- July 1, 2018: Yard Debris and Trimmings will no longer be collected in plastic bags. Paper bags only.
- May 9, 2022: Public Works Summer Hours Schedule takes effect. This includes Monday-Wednesday-Friday beach raking and refuse/recycling service.
- May 14, 2022: Sanitation summer service begins (3 times roll out and Sunday commercial service).
- September 10, 2022: Last day of summer roll-out service
Summer Roll-Out Cart Curb Service
Mandatory roll-out cart curb service shall be in effect for transient rental properties, i.e., rentals less than thirty (30) days, which are hereby deemed commercial operations, located within the R-3 and C-3 zoning districts from the second Sunday in May and continuing through the first Sunday following Labor Day. Service days are Monday, Thursday, and Saturday. The Town reserves the right to add additional moby carts and require rollout service to properties located in the R-3 and C-3 zoning districts to ensure adequate carts are on-site to properly store refuse, and that collection is managed appropriately throughout the year.
Residential yard debris collection is performed Tuesday through Friday, based on your location (see a map [PDF]). Leaves, pine straw, and pampas grass must be bagged. Effective July 1, 2018, plastic bags no longer may be used for this purpose, and the town will transition to paper bags (see Flyer [PDF]). No stumps, logs or other materials or tree limbs placed by landscape or tree service contractors or workmen shall be hauled by the Town.
Recyclables are collected on Fridays throughout Town. Recyclables must be unbagged and placed in the Town-issued blue recycle cart. Carts may be obtained free of charge by calling Public Works at 843-913-6360.
Residential bulk items are collected in town on Mondays. We cannot pick up paint, tires, electronic waste (computers, etc) or hazardous chemicals. Individuals may take tires to the Solid Waste Authority Convenience Center located on Scipio Lane. Electronics and Household Hazardous Waste are collected via drop-off events only, at the Public Works facility.
Household Hazardous/Electronic Waste Drop-Offs 2022 will be held on:
- Friday, April 22nd to Sunday, April 24th
- Friday, September 16th to Sunday, September 18th
They will be held from 9 am to 1 pm at the Public Works building (740 Sandy Lane). If you have any questions, please call 843-913-6360.