ALL ALLOCATED NON-RESIDENT NON-PROPERTY OWNER PARKING PASSES FOR 2023 HAVE BEEN SOLD. THERE ARE NO MORE 2023 PARKING PASSES FOR NON-RESIDENT NON-PROPERTY OWNER AVAILABLE FOR SALE.
2023 Decal Information
2023 Town of Surfside Beach Parking Registrations for residents, non-residents and non-residents non-property owners will have a tentative start date of Monday, February 6th, 2023.
Paid parking in Town of Surfside Beach public parking lots resumes on March 1, 2023 and continues through October 31, 2023.
There are some big updates for the 2023 parking season. This year, our new parking contractor, Pivot Parking, is introducing License Plate Recognition (LPR) for parking enforcement. Vehicles will no longer receive physical decals. Your license plate will be your decal! You will apply for parking as always, then your license plate will be entered into the enforcement system. When the LPR cameras scan your license plate, it will return a valid alert for the Pivot Parking Ambassador.
Golf carts and LSVs will still receive physical decals. You will apply for parking for your golf cart as always, and will be issued a decal to be placed in the lower left hand (driver side) corner of the windshield.
Non-Resident Non-Property Owners will follow these same rules. This year, Town Council has decided to raise the maximum number of decals sold from 100 to 150 and the price remains $200. Registrations for Non-Resident Non Property owners will not be online or through the mail; it will be a first come, first served basis at Town Hall located at 210 US-17 Bus S, Surfside Beach, SC 29575.
2023 Town of Surfside Beach Parking Registrations for residents, non-residents and non-residents non-property owners will have a start date of Monday, February 6th, 2023.
If you would like to apply for free parking, determine which category you fit into:
Non-resident property owners, those who own residential property within town limits but don't reside in town, may receive two complimentary parking decals. The registrations for the vehicles (to show ownership) and proof of property ownership within the Town of Surfside is required. Non-resident property owners may pay $40 for each additional decal.
Anyone living outside the Town of Surfside Beach that does not own residential property within town limits may purchase a Town parking registration or decal, as Non-Resident Non-Owner, for $200.
Registrations and driver's licenses must be presented with the form.
We encourage everyone to apply for their 2023 decals online.
The completed form and all supporting documentation may be emailed to email@example.com.
Trailer Parking in Surfside Beach During Bike Events
Free motorcycle trailer parking shall be allowed in the 13th Avenue South parking lot and the 16th Avenue North parking lot during all bike rallies. Owners shall be solely responsible for any damage or loss that may occur.
Pay to Park via Phone
- We will no longer be utilizing any pay stations for the 2023 season. We will only be offering Text2Park and Parkmobile. Each sign that is installed will have step by step directions on how to make your payment.
- There will also be a number to our office on each sign and someone can walk you through the process should you have any issues.
- Parkmobile and Text2Park are features that lets you pay over the phone with your credit card and may be extended from anywhere. It's available at all paid parking locations.
- Look for a Park Mobile or Text2Park sign.
- Dial 877-727-5714, listed on the sign.
- Register your license plate.
- Enter the four-digit zone number listed on the sticker.
- Activate parking.
- When you return to your vehicle, call the number listed on the sticker and it will deactivate your parking, or end the session in your app.
4th Avenue North / Ocean Boulevard Parking Lot
Pay to park - no local registrations allowed.
Surfside Pier Parking Lot
Pay to Park- No local registrations allowed
Rented or Commercial Golf Cart Parking
In all pay to park areas, operators must pay applicable fees or have a Surfside Beach parking decal for the current year. These areas are located at the following beach accesses:
- 1st Avenue North
- 2nd Avenue North
- 4th Avenue North
- 8th Avenue North
- 9th Avenue North
- 12th Avenue North
- 14th Avenue North
- 15th Avenue North
- 16th Avenue North
- 2nd Avenue South
- 7th Avenue South
- 8th Avenue South
- 9th Avenue South
- 10th Avenue South
- 11th Avenue South
- 12th Avenue South
Golf Cart Parking: As an owner of a golf cart legally registered with the SC Dept of Motor Vehicles, you must obtain a parking decal that will need to be affixed to your golf cart and the registration decal. This parking decal allows free parking in all pay stations and golf cart parking areas when space is available, except when prohibited by a posted sign. Golf cart only parking areas are located in the beach accesses and also in the following pay station lots:
- 5th Avenue South
- Yaupon Drive
- 3rd Avenue North
- 6th Avenue North
- Melody Lane
Town Registrations, Purple Heart, Disabled Veterans, and Handicapped placards or license plate tags may park at any public parking space free with the proper decal displayed.
Do Not Park...
Remember, do not park in the following areas:
- Where official signs prohibit parking
- On sidewalks
- Within thirty feet of an intersection not otherwise designated for parking
- Within ten feet of any beach access, driveway, and entrance or exit to any parking lot
- On private property without the consent of the owner
- Within fifteen feet of a fire hydrant
- Along the east side of Ocean Boulevard, or along the west side of Ocean Boulevard, without a town decal and where signs prohibit parking
- In any pay station area, or upon any public right-of-way with the vehicle facing against the proper flow of traffic unless directed by a law-enforcement officer
- All wheels/tires must be off the black pavement