Mayor Hellyer’s Daily Update
November 9, 2020
- South Carolina Cases: 176,373**
- South Carolina Deaths 3,778**
- Horry County Cases: 12,047** denotes results (11/09/2020 at 1:30 PM)
Our next Town Council Meeting will be held tomorrow evening< November 10th at 6:30 PM.
The following items are scheduled:
- Report by Town Administrator about our open employment positions
- First Reading of Ordinance 20-227 An ordinance of the Town of Surfside Beach to amend section 8-11 of Article VII of Chapter 8, Disorderly Conduct.
- Second Reading of Ordinance 20-225 An ordinance to the Zoning Ordinance of the Town of Surfside Beach to Amend Chapter 17, Article 1 General Provision, Section 17-007 Definitions and Article in District & Use Regulations to define and add “Garden Center” as a conditional use in Table 17-395
- Second Reading of Ordinance 20-226 An ordinance to the Zoning Ordinance of the Town of Surfside Beach to amend Chapter 17, Arlington II, Administration, Section 17-201 Exceptions and Modifications to add Language regarding the permitting of handicapped-accessible ramps, lifts, landings, and elevators.
With limited seating, all are welcome to call in using the number posted in the agenda.
**Free** Friday, November 13th - COVID-19 Testing
DHEC - Wild Water and Wheels
Pop-up (special event)
10/23 Friday: 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Appointment Needed: No
Referral Needed: No
Pediatric Testing Available: Yes - All
This is possibly the last day that DHEC will be putting on this pop-up event
Santee Cooper has been notified that the lighted street signs on 17 Business are not working. John Adair told me this morning that he has been in touch with them and that the lights will be lit in the near future.
Be Safe…. Wear a Mask … Thank You … Mayor Bob Hellyer