Recycling Program - Materials Accepted
Important Recycling Information
- Manufacturer's are stepping up efforts to comply with the new e-waste law and offer new recylcing opportunities for customers. Click her for more info.
- Plastic Film/Bag Recycling Resource Website - https://www.plasticfilmrecycling.org/
- All recyclable materials must be placed inside the recycle cart UNBAGGED.
- Recyclable carts will be serviced every Friday using our automated arm trucks.
- Please put the cart curbside with the arrows facing toward the street.
- A list of recyclable materials is imprinted on the lid of the cart.
- We CANNOT recycle Styrofoam.
- There is no fee for either the cart or the pickup of recyclables.
- Every item we recycle results in savings not only to our Town but to the environment as well.
- If the Town has not already delivered one to you, you can request a recycle cart by calling (843) 913-6360 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your name and property address.
- Did you know that Best Buy accepts most any electric or electronic item FREE for recycling? They impose a $25 fee for certain tube TV's and monitors, but everything else is free...just drop it off at the store. Games, CD's, cell phones, laptops, and a lot more. Check out their recycling webpage at: www.BestBuy.com/recycle
- Our electronic waste vendor, ERI, has issued their "Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG)
and Data Security Report for 2020. You can view it here.